The Sewing Corner Ayr
This is a Community Sewing Class teaching hand and machine sewing to anyone interested from absolute beginners to those with some experience who want to get back into sewing. It is run because commercial sewing classes can be quite expensive, and not everyone can commit to, or access them.
Its aim is to get people sewing again!
All sewing machines, threads and fabrics are provided for class activities, but it's fine to bring and use fabric of your choice, or to work and learn on something of your own. Starting from small simple items and working upwards, you'll learn new techniques from each item you make, and have fun, a laugh and a chat at the same time! You'll also get to know more about different fabrics and how clothes are made and how clothes should fit.
The class tutor is qualified in Garment Technology with Design at HND level and also teaches sewing at The Sewing Bee at Dumfries House.
There is now a Beginners class on Thursdays 9.30am - 12noon. Spaces still available. Contact Eileen to book a place.
- Venue: Dalmilling Church Hall
- Price: £1 to attend. 50p-£1.50 to take made items
- Price Includes: Refreshments, materials, machinery.
- Advanced Booking Required: Yes
- Age Range: 16 to any age!
- Frequency: Every week
- Accessibility: Wheelchair friendly, toilets on flat but not fully accessible yet, roadside parking
- Transport Info: The 2A, 43 and 43A and X16 buses all have stops within walking distance.
- Joining / Referral Method: Self Referral