The Gaiety Theatre
The Gaiety Theatre is unlike most theatres in the UK because it is largely run through voluntary effort. Most of the people undertaking Front of House, Technical, Fundraising, Marketing and Maintenance duties, are doing so on a voluntary basis. We see audiences of over 60,000 create memorable experiences in our iconic theatre each year. And in addition to programming over 300 live performances in Ayr and Rural Communities, we also improve the lives of almost 4,000 people each year across Ayrshire from disadvantaged backgrounds. From introducing young people from rural communities to drama, to improving the well-being of those living with dementia in care homes, to helping young people gain skills, qualification and jobs in technical theatre The Gaiety is here for everyone and reaches every part of our community.
- Venue: The Gaiety Theatre
- Price: ££-£££
- Price Includes:
- Advanced Booking Required: Yes
- Age Range: 1-101
- Frequency: Closed on Christmas Day & New Years Day
- Accessibility: All of our volunteers and staff are trained to make your visit to The Gaiety easy and enjoyable. Wheelchair access is available in the stalls are
- Transport Info: By bus: Bus Numbers 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 24, 24A, 301, 302, 306, 352, 361 will all bring you directly to the theatre. By rail: The Gaiety is a 10min walk from Ayr Train Station. By car: Paid parking is available at the theatre. By taxi: Drop off points at Main Entrance- Taxi Rank outside Boswells Bar.
- Joining / Referral Method: Self Referral