South Ayrshire Carers Centre: Young Carers Service
A Young Carer is a young person between the ages of 8 and 25 years old, who may be looking after or supporting someone in their family such as their mother, father, brother, sister or grandparent or even a neighbour or friend.
Young Carers may be providing practical or emotional support or undertaking responsibilities usually carried out by adults and because of this they may sometimes feel that they can't leave the house without worrying or stressing. This can limit the amount of free time they have.
The Carers Centre can help by giving Young Carers:
* Time out to meet other Young Carers in similar situations
* Fun trips and outings
* Relaxation to have time away from their caring role
* A chance to talk such as, 1 to 1's in the centre, at school or at home
* Information and Support
* Access to other services that can help
We also provide drop-ins at local schools, colleges and in the Carers Centre. If you would like to speak to one of our staff get in contact with us to arrange a suitable time and place.
- Venue: South Ayrshire Carers Centre
- Price Includes:
- Advanced Booking Required: No
- Age Range: 8-10, 11-13, 14+, 17-25 years
- Frequency: Young Carers Groups are on fortnightly
- Transport Info:
- Joining / Referral Method: Self Referral