South Ayrshire Autistic Society
We are a Small local charity that supports families and carers within Ayrshire who are affected by ASD.
Our main aims are to provide information and support to other parents by sharing experiences as well as referring them to others that can be of more help with specific problems we also provide the kids with play and educational experiences through our holiday activities and events during Easter, Summer and October breaks
We are totally self funding group by organising fundraising events throughout the year including our annual cycle run around the Isle of Cumbrae finishing in the town of Millport
This year we raised £900 from it alone
We also held a psychic night, tombola stall at the maidens harbour gala among others
We have an elected management committee (all parents) who take to do with the general running of the charity.
We hold twice monthly support group meetings often with guest speakers from health education and other charities
Where anyone affected by Autism be it themselves, family member or a friend can come along .
- Venue: Monthly daytime meeting in Carers Centre, Ayr, also monthly evening meeting in Ayr hospital
- Price: Free for members
- Price Includes: Entrance only
- Advanced Booking Required: Yes
- Age Range: Up to 18
- Frequency: Weekly during Easter, summer and October
- Transport Info: Membership required with autistic child and families
- Joining / Referral Method: Self Referral