Girvan Community Garden
Girvan Community Garden boasts a pond, a wildlife area, fruit trees, greenhouse and modest rotational allotments plots, as well as many other exciting features.
The garden caters for the whole community. We have raised beds, a ‘keyhole’ garden and a newly designed composting area. We have easy access to the garden through our widened woodland walkway for prams and wheelchairs and we have a composting disabled accessible toilet.
The garden plays host to a number of workshops, events and activities throughout the year and we get involved with schools and other groups to deliver projects both in the garden and out into the wider community.
The garden also runs a weekly Green Gym and Sundays are dedicated to volunteering within the garden (everyone welcome!)
Please phone for more information and to book groups in as there is a charge for this.
- Venue: 25 Knockcushan Street
- Price: Donations
- Price Includes:
- Advanced Booking Required: Yes
- Age Range: All
- Frequency: Closed for two weeks at Christmas
- Accessibility: Disabled Toilet / Parking
- Transport Info: Stagecoach Buses 358, 359 and 360. MyBus Rural (700 Carrick) by phoning: 0845 123 5656 or 0141 333 4581.
- Joining / Referral Method: Self Referral