Ayr & District Rambling Club
This long-established club organises a full programme of weekly walks, which are graded from 'C' to 'A+' depending on how strenuous they are.
'C' walks are relatively flat and usually around 5-8 miles, while 'A' walks are normally longer with ascents often over 2000ft. 'B' grade walks are somewhere in between.
The walks normally take a good part of the day so we normally carry enough food and drink for a morning break and lunch.
As many of the areas we go to can be muddy, boots are strongly recommended.
We meet at Millbrae car park in Ayr at 8.50am on walk days. The volunteer leader will try to ensure that we minimise the number of cars we take to get to the start point so occupants of members' cars are expected to share the fuel costs.
If you are interested, we recommend that you come along on a walk and try it out to see if you enjoy it before joining the club and paying the £5 subscription.
Full details of walks can be obtained from the club. They are also featured in the South Ayrshire Life events section.
- Venue: Millbrae Car Park, Ayr
- Price: Annual subscription £5.
- Price Includes: N/A
- Advanced Booking Required: No
- Age Range: 18+
- Frequency: Weekly walks, usually on a Saturday or Sunday
- Accessibility: N/A
- Transport Info: Members requiring transport to the start point of a walk are accommodated at the meeting place. Occupants of members' cars are expected to share the fuel costs.
- Joining / Referral Method: Self Referral