Activity For Health
WHAT IS THE ACTIVITY FOR HEALTH SCHEME?
Working in conjunction with NHS colleagues, the scheme assists people to become more active and promotes the beneﬁ ts of an active lifestyle.
WHO IS THE SCHEME AIMED AT?
If you have health issues that could be improved through regular physical activity, such as:
• Sedentary lifestyle • Obese / overweight • Hypertension (high blood pressure) • Musculo / skeletal conditions (e.g. arthritis, osteoporosis, back pain) • Heart conditions • Lung conditions • Stroke / TIA (must be ambulant) • Cancer • Anxiety / depression / stress / low self esteem • Diabetes
SCHEME BENEFITS As a member you will receive discounted access to most of South Ayrshire Council’s Leisure activities for months 1-3. Following this there is a slight price increase for Months 4 -12.
- Venue: Various throughout South Ayrshire
- Price: £2 and £5 for gym induction, then monthly c
- Price Includes: gym use and classes
- Advanced Booking Required: No
- Age Range: 18+
- Frequency: Closed Christmas Day/ New Year's Day
- Transport Info: no - various locations
- Joining / Referral Method: Self Referral